Our organization’s mission has been restated recently, following a thoughtful, facilitated process:
The mission of The Mustard Seed Project is to ensure choices for healthy aging on the Key Peninsula by connecting elders with innovative programs and resources.
Our vision is to create an elder–friendly Key Peninsula, where our neighbors may choose to safely “age in place” with dignity and respect.
The work of The Mustard Seed Project remains the same. We continue to promote independent living and quality of life for our community’s seniors by providing services and programs in our focus areas of information and referral, transportation, health and wellness, senior housing options, and community education. We engage our community in service and educational opportunities, raising awareness of the many facets of aging.
- Dignity and respect for the individual
- Emphasis on wellness and prevention
- Support for self-determination and choice
- Positive interaction between the generations
- Creative problem solving and program development through community dialogue
- Collaboration between agencies and service providers
- Services and facilities provided in a scale that fits the community need
- Economically and ecologically responsible options that fit the rural character and heritage of the community
- Provision of needed services to all elderly, regardless of their ability to pay
On Facebook? Become a friend of "The Mustard Seed Project of Key Peninsula" and view a wide variety of posts about aging. CLICK HERE.